Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Book Review: Star Wars: Darth Plagueis- James Luceno

Star Wars: Darth PlagueisStar Wars: Darth Plagueis by James Luceno
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My first impression of this book was that it was LONG, and although it moved very slow at times, it reminded me why I love James Luceno so much. His first book in the Star Wars Universe was the only thing that made me stick with The New Jedi Order series with the Yuuzhan Vong. Luceno weaves together stories that successfully and reasonably tie together many different storylines from other novels and graphic novels. Yet, somehow as he does this he doesn't make the Universe seem smaller, but instead much, much larger. Additionally, he does retconning in stellar fashion.
My biggest complaint about this book is that it really is about Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious and by the middle spends more time focusing on Sidious's story than on Plagueis's. Another minor disappointment was the revelation that (view spoiler). Also, not surprising, because the book takes after the prequel trilogy, it focuses pretty heavily on galactic politics and economics. In the end, it is nice to finally have this novel, even if it was postponed for a while, the backstory adds good to the Universe.</["br"]>

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment