Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Book Review: Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography- by Neil Patrick Harris

Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own AutobiographyNeil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. In addition to telling a lot of great stories it really did follow the format of an "choose your own adventure" book. Of course, this was more difficult with the audiobook, but it was still pulled off very well. It is certainly the funniest book I read this summer. It also made me want to find and watch all of NPH's Tony hosting songs and also Doogie Howser, M.D. which I still cannot believe he was 16 when they started filming it. Furthermore, I was amazed to learn that the magic tricks that Barney did in How I Met Your Mother, were actually real tricks that NHP did because he's studied a fair amount of magic. I was disappointed that some of his career was not detailed, like Stark Raving Mad (a show he did with Tony Shalhoub that I loved, but was cancelled after one season). None-the-less, it was a very enjoyable book. Added bonus, NPH was a great narrator.
One final note, I've also become interested in re-reading some actual choose your own adventure books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment