Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book Review: Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, death, and hope in a Mumbai undercity- by Katherine Boo

Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, death, and hope in a Mumbai undercity Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, death, and hope in a Mumbai undercity by Katherine Boo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I chose to read this book both because of John Green's recommendation on vlogbrothers' book club and because of it winning the National Book Award. Even knowing so much about it I had obviously forgotten that it was a nonfiction book, because I choose it as my fiction read for this round of my cycle. Unfortunately, knowing that it is nonfiction makes many parts of the book all the more tragic because it is hard to believe that people int he modern world have to live under such horrible conditions. I've not enjoyed most of the fiction books that John Green has recommended, but the nonfiction books keep causing me to have moral crises about how I can live in western society when some much tragedy is going on in the world. The book made me think and it made me feel bad and it left me feeling a lot of despair, but overall I don't have too much to say about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment