Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Book Review: Sarah, Plain and Tall- by Patricia MacLachlan

Sarah, Plain and Tall CD CollectionSarah, Plain and Tall CD Collection by Patricia MacLachlan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First this book was incredibly short and I am kind of surprised that it won the Newbery. It isn't that it is a bad book, it just didn't seem to be stellar. Having said that, I am sure my early elementary daughter would enjoy it and I suppose it is good to have quality literature at a younger audience level. This is another Newbery winner that my wife recommended I read.
Anyway, I didn't relate to the book, but I can imagine that students would, especially if their parents had separated or if one had passed away and they were nervous about having a step-parent. Essentially that is the plot of the book. It was predictable at times, but a sweet story, but I doubt I read or listen to the sequels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment