Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Book Review: Starship Troopers- by Robert A. Heinlein

Starship Troopers: Library Edition Starship Troopers: Library Edition by Robert A. Heinlein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, this review is out of chronological order, I read this book early in the summer [possibly, out of order while I waited for some others become available], but somehow I skipped it when writing reviews.  Anyway, better late that never, especially for such a good book.
I've never branched out too much in sci-fi. This is in part because often times it is a big commitment because the book are long to develop the world. So recently, I've been trying to read award winners [Hugo and/or Nebula Awards]. Robert A. Heinlein won four Hugo Awards during his life (and two posthumously), this book was the first of them that my library had available on audio. It is no surprise that he won the award because this book was great. I jumped right into the universe without a lot of setup and did a good job of filling in the gaps with a long flashback. The book held to a good pace and described believable future wars in a powered exosuit. It details a lot a interesting aspects of future society and moved at a good pace. I am excited to see the movie although as usual it sounds like it will not stack up well compared to the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment