Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Book Review: Ella Enchanted- by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't read the "back cover" or know anything about this book going into it other than it was a Newbery Honor book that my wife had read and casually recommended. It seems kind of obvious, but I didn't realize (view spoiler). I had a hard time getting into the book, in part because the reader was not the greatest and the volume and audio quality on the copy I had were low. For such a short book, I ended up re-listening to a lot of parts just to make sure I heard them. The blessing/curse that Ella has is quite amusing and the story was very enjoyable. It is nice to have a feminine protagonist who is able to stand up for herself. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the movie version of this book, but I still look forward to giving it a chance. I started watching it one night during dinner with my daughters, but unfortunately we haven't had the time to finish it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment