Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Book Review: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War- by Max Brooks

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie WarWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I held off on reading this book simply because I don't do well with horror and I wasn't sure how gruesome this book would be. I decided to give it a chance after listening to Daniel H. Wilson's Robopocalypse. The telling a futuristic sci-fi story from the perspective of hindsight was simply a unique way to tell a story and since he was kind of inspired by this book I thought I would give it a chance. The book was so stellar I couldn't put it down and I finished in less than 24 hours. I think I enjoyed most how the book never repeated the perspective of any one point of view. I also enjoyed how it didn't hesitate to dabble into all of the "geo-political, religious, environmental, [economic] and social changes that result from the Zombie war". It was tragic and entertaining, chilling and wondrous- not to mention thought-provoking. And it did it without ever being too disturbing or creepy. The only regret I have, although I am sure I will remedy it when I get around to reading it again [it is one of the few books that I think I could re-read and enjoy], is that it was performed by an all-star cast and I kind of wish I had a list of who was portraying who while I listened to it at x2 speed. One of the books I read of this past summer that I would recommend most highly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment