Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Book Review: The Martian- by Andy Weir

The MartianThe Martian by Andy Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There's not much I can say about this without spoiling it, but it was a great book. Certainly the best I read all summer. It is one of those books I will read again. I had heard about the book from several places, including it being a best book of the year by Goodreads. I hadn't given it much thought, but I did decide I might as well read it as my adult fiction book for my second cycle of the summer because it was kind of a way of cheating and getting a sci-fi book in instead. Days before I was able to start reading it Randall Munroe wrote about it in xkcd 1536 and I became really excited about reading it. All the more so when I saw the preview for the upcoming movie.

The book was very good, the science seemed very accurate, and I was really surprised at the amount of humor in the book. Towards the end some of the engineering seemed like a bit of a stretch, but still I was hooked and on the edge of my seat. I cannot praise it enough and I cannot wait to re-read it or for the movie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment