Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Book Review: If You Ask Me: And of Course You Won't- by Betty White

If You Ask Me: And of Course You Won'tIf You Ask Me: And of Course You Won't by Betty White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short, simple, and funny.
I don't know how much of my generation falls into my category, but I've become a fan of Betty White as an adult. I knew her from Golden Girls, but every time my babysitter was watching reruns of it, I was too young to really follow it [or want to follow it I have to be honest]. I've never really gone back and re-watched things that she has done and there is not a single series she has done that I have ever watched. Still I know her from a few commercials and plenty of guest appearances (and of course, the occasional Golden Girls rerun, my sister-in-law is a huge fan) and she is not only funny, but genuinely talented. She also seems to be truly humble about her fans and her fame. I do understand being shy and not a huge fan of people, none-the-less I disagree with helping animals and pets and investing in them over needy people. Still I can't fault her for this one quirk and she is open and honest about it. It was great to hear her read the book and she mentioned she had written several others, which I suppose makes the shortness of this one forgivable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment