Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Book Review: Food: A Love Story- Jim Gaffigan

Food: A Love StoryFood: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've always said that I enjoy comedy audiobooks that are read by their authors. Food: A Love Story was no different. The biggest downside was that my wife caught me laughing and listening to it without her and insisted that I slow it down and share it so I had to listen to the book at normal pace. Jim Gaffigan is his normal cleanly funny self and I enjoyed the book thoroughly. This book still featured some of his stand-up routines as chapters, but less so than his prior book Dad Is Fat, making much of it original. I also liked his nod to Cincinnati, Ohio cuisine with Skyline's chili on spaghetti because it works. I could go on more, but he tells the stories and jokes better. I'll simply say that my wife thoroughly agrees with him about "sea bugs" and that I can relate to him and his dad who loves steak, but isn't always the best at grilling it. For more than that, you'll just have to enjoy the book yourself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment