Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Book Review: My Beloved Brontosaurus: On the Road with Old Bones, New Science, and Our Favorite Dinosaurs- Brian Switek

My Beloved Brontosaurus: On the Road with Old Bones, New Science, and Our Favorite DinosaursMy Beloved Brontosaurus: On the Road with Old Bones, New Science, and Our Favorite Dinosaurs by Brian Switek
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book kicked off a week where I read five books in about as many days and all of them were great. I first heard about the book a couple of summers ago from Science Friday and tried immediately to find an audio copy. It took a while but I finally found one and was very eager to listen to it. Brian Switek talked about how most kids love dinosaurs, but go through it as a phase and he never really grew out of it. I laughed out loud as he described how his wife has to put up with the science mess in his office and has overflowed into all of the other rooms of their apartment because it reminded me of how my wife has to put up with me. Through the book he described his obsession with and hobby of paleontology and although I love Ohio's Paleozoic fossils it made me want to just go West and hunt dino fossils instead. After than he spent a chapter at a time on topics of specific dinosaur features- noises they made, how they could have mated, feathers, and other current research. It was a thoroughly enjoyable book that I was unable to put down in finished in less than a day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment