Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Book Review: Star Wars: Yoda- Dark Rendezvous- by Sean Stewart

Yoda - Dark RendezvousYoda - Dark Rendezvous by Sean Stewart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I'll say I don't know what to make of a book that I was certain I was reading for the first time, but continually throughout recalled details as they came up to the point where I was sure it was not simply similarities with another text or déjà vu, and yet I don't remember reading it the first time. I don't know what it means for a book to have made so little of an impression.
Despite that the book was very good. It breaks the mold of all of the other early Clone Wars Novels [those that came out before The Clone Wars movie]. All of those other earlier books focused on a main and minor Jedi as their two main characters, but this one stars Yoda and several minor Jedi. Yoda is well written here and has lots of humor and personality, all of which we saw grow in the prequel movies. As was revealed in Episode II: Attack of the Clones (view spoiler) and here in this book (view spoiler). The twists and turns and moral decisions give this book a great pace. Several young and other minor Jedi are introduced in the book and play key roles which help to add to the tension in the book. We also get to learn a lot more about Count Dooku's background and personality. Even though it didn't make a big impression with me the first time I listened to it, this time it stood out as one of the best Clone Wars novels and certainly the best of those that came before the cartoon movie and TV series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment