Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Thoughts About a Book: Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know About the All-There-Is- Roberto Trotta

The Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know About the All-There-IsThe Edge of the Sky: All You Need to Know About the All-There-Is by Roberto Trotta
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This writing of my thoughts will be written in the same way as the book, using only the ten hundred most used words. The idea for the book came from a funny on-line picture "book" that told how a space car called the Up Goer Five works. In this book the man tells about the All-There-Is in the same way, but does it for about twenty less than one hundred pieces of paper. The All-There-Is has all the stars and all the stuff and is what you see when you look up in the sky at night (like the stars and the small drops that make up all the things), but it also has what you do not see (things like dark matter and dark power).

The book is short and I thought it would be a quick read, but it took me a long time to read, because I had to be like a student-person and figure out what was really being said. Even though the words were easy the ideas and figuring were hard. Names were also allowed as were the ten hundred most used words. This made the person who made the book be very good and pick easy to figure out words. I did catch at least one lie, when the word "minute" was used for small instead of time, the last of which is probably not in the ten hundred most used words in our tongue, the second way to say it [as time] is.

Writing like this is hard but a fun thing to try. The person who wrote the book was helped by the student-people picking boring names for important things like dark matter and dark power. Still he had to come up with new ways to say things and make it possible for the person who reads the book to figure it out. I have wondered and asked myself the question could this be done for other areas of thought. Maybe I will try my hand at it some-time, but for now this short writing has been hard enough. I liked the book a lot and I hope others will try to read it and I hope Mr. Munroe learns about it and reads it too. I hope you might read it after reading this thing I wrote about reading it, because it was good, it made me laugh, and it made me think.

This was written with the help of the up-goer five typing thing that made sure I only used the ten hundred most used words as I wrote about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment