Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Book Review: Island of the Blue Dolphins- by Scott O'Dell

Island of the Blue DolphinsIsland of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book that I passed over so many times in elementary and junior high simply because I judged it by its cover. Mostly I was kind of sexist against the female main character on the front cover. Having read it now, I know that I would have liked it as a kid. As an adult the book was enjoy able as well. It reminded me of other survival novels like Hatchet, The River, and The Sign of the Beaver. Obviously, this seems to be a theme with Newbery winners. I can't say much about the book without spoiling it, so I'll simply say I enjoyed it and wished I had read it as a kid.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment