Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Book Review: Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture Correspondences- John Moe

Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture CorrespondencesDear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: And Other Pop Culture Correspondences by John Moe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this book both because I am an Star Wars fan and was attracted to the title and because of Jim Gaffigan's review of the book.
It was a quick read and I was laughing so much at first that I had to replay several sections of it for my wife. We laughed together on a snowy weekend at the "Wanted Dead or Alive" APB for Bon Jovi and the concerned letter from the teacher with a speech impediment to the absent parents of the Peanuts gang. But as with any comedic book it seems to be hit or miss with little in-between. Impatient to listen to the book on my own in my free-time and while shoveling I listened ahead of my wife and then played the best of later on. Maybe a third of the narratives were great the rest were OK. Furthermore, as with any pop culture book, there are occasions where you don't get the reference and then the whole bit is lost to you. None-the-less it was an entertaining and lighthearted read that I enjoyed and enjoyed sharing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment