Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

Book Review: Why is the Penis Shaped Like That?: And Other Reflections on Being Human by Jesse Bering

Why is the Penis Shaped Like That?: And Other Reflections on Being HumanWhy is the Penis Shaped Like That?: And Other Reflections on Being Human by Jesse Bering
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a book I picked up more because of the odd title and the fact that it was a science book on audio that was short and available from my library while I waited for another hold to come in. A year later, as I write this review, I don't remember a lot about it, so I suppose that tells you a little bit about the impression that it made on me. Having said that, I remember that it was not overly sexual or explicit, but rather that it addressed a lot of anatomy questions and was full of random facts and some current research. I cannot say that I learned a lot about the human body that I didn't already know, but there were some details or minor gleanings that I picked up. It was also interesting to hear the perspective of a homosexual doctor on some of the issues presented. His approach to some sexual anatomy and towards sex itself was interesting. Overall, this books doesn't stand out too much from other medical curiosity books out there, like Why Do Men Have Nipples?: Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini , Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour , or anything by Aaron E. Carroll.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment